Because the Internet is the second studio album by American recording artist Donald Glover, under the stage name "Childish Gambino". The album was released on December 10, 2013, it was primarily recorded at a mansion owned by Chris Bosh that was rented by Gambino. In promotion for the album, Gambino released a short film titled "Clapping for the Wrong Reasons". The album also earned a Grammy nomination for "Best Rap Album" and "Best Rap Performance" for "3005". The album has been certified Gold by the RIAA, it has sold over 992,000 copies as of November 2016.
- 1. The Library (Intro)
- 2. I. Crawl
- 3. II. Worldstar
- 4. Dial Up
- 5. I. The Worst Guys (featuring Chance the Rapper)
- 6. II. Shadows
- 7. III. Telegraph Ave. ("Oakland" By Lloyd)
- 8. IV. Sweatpants
- 9. V. 3005
- 10. Playing Around Before The Party Starts
- 11. I. The Party
- 12. II. The Exit
- 13. Death By Numbers
- 14. I. Flight of the Navigator
- 15. II. Zealots of Stockholm (Free Information)
- 16. III. Urn
- 17. I. Pink Toes (featuring Jhene Aiko)
- 18. II. Earth: The Oldest Computer (Last Night) (featuring Azealia Banks)
- 19. III. Life: The Biggest Troll (Andrew Auernheimer)
- The album was primarily recorded at Chris Bosh's mansion that Gambino had rented.
- Glover revealed in a interview that singer Beck gave him the recommendation of naming the album "Because the Internet".
- It was named the 10th best album of 2013 by Complex.
- Glover wrote a 72-paged screenplay to go along with the album.